Tuesday, October 13, 2009


The wind is fierce and creepy today, and brown leaves are blowing down the street.  I love the weather in Autumn, and while I've not seen this movie in 20 years or so, I always think of it when October weather hits.   I almost don't want to watch it for fear that it will change my memories of it.  You know like that one time when you come across 'Top Gun' in college and thought: "Hey! Top Gun! I wanna watch this.. think of how rad this will be!"  Then you started singing "Danger Zone" and getting all pumped, but later realized that the movie is just a cool memory on the outside, with lame and soggy-filled center? -yeah, like that.  So, maybe I'll keep avoiding it.  In the meantime however, how cool is this movie poster artwork? All watercolor and dreamy- I love it.  Maybe I'll join the ranks of you movie-poster-hanging-people and get it for my house.

4 comments:

Randi Patch said...

You are your mother's son. That poster really is the dopest! Maybe, just maybe we'll have to get this to put up..

Loves

Tayva said...

The movie story? Hmmm. . .but the art direction in this film is still ah-MAZE-ing. You and Randi come over and we'll kill a bag of popcorn and watch it! [And the poster? So, so fabulous-halloweenus. Randi is right! You're a chip of the (my) old block!] XO

Brian said...

Today WAS a beautiful Fall/Halloween day, and it's easy to see why we love the colors of this time of year. But mom and I re-watched the movie about a year ago. Ummm...yeah, stick with the poster if you want to preserve your good memories.

Jewels said...

Ahhh, Dad and his wet blanket talk. Good man. I honestly don't remember much of this movie...but I can see why you would want to avoid it. Now, 'Watcher in the Woods'? Yeah, I never want to see that again, just in case it will still scare me to death. But to hang on your wall? Hmm, I may copy this ideah...

Your word verification is 'Sproci'....haha....funny.